SSCD Dies, Synthetic single crystal diamond wire dies
Synthetic single crystal diamonds, also called synthetic mono crystal diamond and abbreviated as SSCD or SMCD or MCD, are man-made diamonds, manufactured under controlled conditions and are free from impurities, inclusions and cracks. These tightly controlled quality aspects lead to predictable and constant die performance.
STAR WIRE DIES SSCD diamond wire dies features
- Long die life due to its extreme hardness and resistance to scratching
- Predictable recut dimensions as its blank dimensions are guaranteed
- Minimal variation in die life, wear shape variation, and optimal die life due to the <111> orientation
- Can be used in high-heat processes because of its extreme thermal conductivity
- Easy setup, smooth drawing
- All blanks have been manufactured under tightly controlled conditions and are free from impurities, inclusions and cracks
- As SSCD blanks are man-made single crystal diamonds, its product quality and consistency is guaranteed
- Nonconductive properties make this product a good choice when electrical conductive materials are an issue
Synthetic single crystal diamond has nearly the same material properties as natural diamond, therefore SSCD diamonds should be applicable in the same application areas as where natural diamonds are applied.
Synthetic single crystal diamond dies are successfully applied in both ferrous and non-ferrous wire drawing industries. An advantage of SSCD drawing dies is that the blank dimensions are more consistent than natural diamond blanks, and therefore give a more predictable recut performance than natural diamond drawing dies.
Typical application areas:
- Bonding wire (gold, copper, aluminum)
- Medical wire
- Stainless steel wire
- Copper wire
- EDM wire
- Special alloy and high performance alloy wire
- Precious metal wire
- Various other ferrous and non-ferrous metal wire types